For the modern working man, the laptop is a godsend.
Everyone appreciates the freedom offered by laptops. It’s easy to be productive when you can take your laptop wherever you go, whether it’s your desk, the coffee shop, or the conference room.
However, we have to face the fact that laptops don’t exactly the best kind of ergonomics. This is mainly because you can’t adjust the height of the keyboard and screen separately. Because of this, using a laptop means you have to hunch over to get things done.
A good way to enhance ergonomics when using a laptop is to use a laptop stand.
For this post, we have made the best laptop stand list that will hopefully help you get the right stand for your needs.
Why You Need the Best?
A laptop stand is an accessory that works like a portable desk on which you can place the laptop in a more ergonomic fashion and without compromising your posture. Here are some of the reasons why a laptop stand is a good investment.
The Best Laptop Stands
Below are some of the stands that you can use while working on your laptop.
1. Rain Design
- Better ergonomics is achieved with higher screen height.
- Tilt design brings screen closer and improves airflow around laptop.
- A super slim 360 degrees rotating base lets you share the screen and access ports easily.
The Rain Design mStand360 is a masterclass in laptop ergonomics.
For starters, it’s a very stylish stand that will look great on your workspace. The stand is designed to hold your laptop at an ideal angle for good ergonomics. It also has a 360-degree swivel feature, a fun bonus that many stands do not have.
The stand is made from aluminum so you can trust that it’s stable and durable. The aluminum also helps in keeping your machine cool as it dissipates the heat. The stand also offers a cable management option so you can keep your desk clutter-free. The feet have soft rubber pads to ensure that the stand and laptop won’t slip while you work.
The mStand360 is mainly designed for MacBooks but it should have no problem working with any brand of laptop. The only main drawback of this model is the lack of height adjustment.
- FITS ALL LAPTOPS – This strong laptop stand holds nearly all weights of laptops and it features quality manufacturing...
- INCREDIBLY LIGHTWEIGHT PORTABLE LAPTOP STAND – A compact and lighter design is also fully collapsible, making this...
- PC AND MACBOOK STAND FITS ALL MODELS – The universal fit on this laptop stand makes it the perfect portable, sturdy...
The Roost Laptop Stand is a very lightweight stand. It’s so light that you might think twice about entrusting your laptop to this stand.
The whole thing weighs less than half a pound which made me question its ability to hold up a laptop. My fear went away quickly because this is a sturdy and strong laptop stand that gets the job done. One Amazon reviewer even stated that it was able to hold up a 17-inch laptop.
Unlike the previous stand, the Roost stand’s height can be adjusted from 6 to 12 inches. This allows you to position the screen right where you need it. There are rubber grips at the feet to make sure that the stand stays in place during operation.
If you are not using it, you can it fold it down to a small size and carry it anywhere. The stand should work with most, if not all laptop brands.
- Ventilated laptop stand helps keep laptops running cooler to help reduce crashes
- Metal-mesh platform draws heat away from laptop
- Adjustable height for increased airflow and comfortable reading and typing; adjustable from 12 to 35 degrees
If you don’t want to spend too much on a laptop stand, the AmazonBasics is an easy recommendation.
Only weighing 2.4 pounds, the stand can be adjusted for heights between 12 to 35 degrees. This doesn’t just allow you to adjust the height but it can improve airflow as well. The stand is mainly just metal mesh panels but it works great both as a laptop stand and a cooling tool. The platform itself is also designed to absorb and distribute heat.
The stand also offers cable management with six slots on the back of the stand. This is where you can neatly organize the cables and out of the way. For a budget laptop stand, this is definitely a nice addition.
This is a fairly straightforward stand with some essential features. With the $20 price tag, this one is hard to beat.
4. Ergotron WorkFit-T Sit-Stand Desk Converter
- Transform your existing desk into a sit-stand desk with medium-size worksurface and keyboard tray, plus 15 inches (38...
- Make your move for a better workday by sitting or standing with a comfortable, ergonomic fit that helps boost your...
- Wide footprint gives you more room to spread out, with 125 additional square inches (317.5 square centimeters) of...
The Ergotron WorkFit-T Sit-Stand Desk Converter is quite the odd one out for this list. Instead of being just a simple laptop stand, it’s a full sit-stand desk converter.
The WorkFit-T pretty much ends the debate whether it’s better to stand or sit while working. Why not both? This is an adjustable workstation and an adjustable keyboard as well. There are 20 height settings which makes it easy to get the height that feels the most comfortable.
With this desk converter, you can choose to stand or sit anytime you feel like it. The whole thing is a breeze to adjust which means that switching between heights is as seamless as it gets. Stability is never an issue here because you can freely lean on it and the height will not drop unexpectedly.
One nice thing about this package is that it comes fully assembled. So you can just unpack it start working on it right away.
5. Goldtouch Go! Travel Laptop and Tablet Stand
- Includes the Go!2 Mobile Keyboard and Go! Travel Laptop and Tablet Stand.
- Stand instantly brings your screen up to eye level to promote proper posture.
- Keyboard adjusts from 0º to 30º along the horizontal and vertical planes.
The Goldtouch Go! Travel Laptop and Tablet Stand is the perfect solution for those who are always traveling.
The compact, lightweight design really lends itself well for true portability. It weighs only a pound and can be folded down and easily stowed in your carry-on bag or suitcase. It has six levels of height adjustments which is a good option to have especially when you don’t know where you’ll be working.
The stand is made from aluminum which adds durability to the whole thing. Although it’s a fairly small stand, it should have no problem holding up 17-inch laptops.
This stand doesn’t have much in terms of features but it works as advertised. However, you might want to get a keyboard and mouse peripheral in order to achieve the best working conditions.
Get this one if you’re always on the go.
6. Belkin Aluminum Stand & Loft for Laptops
- Stand elevates your laptop to provide an optimal viewing angle
- Rubber grip surfaces keep your laptop in place
- Open design improves airflow to your laptop
The Belkin Aluminum Stand & Loft for Laptops is very simple in design. However, don’t be fooled.
At its core, this stand is designed to hold your laptop so the screen is at the eye level. However, it does more than just hold the laptop. Aside from keeping the screen at eye level, it also helps in keeping your machine cool, thanks to the open design.
The stand doesn’t offer much in terms of features, it doesn’t even have height adjustments. It’s just a high-quality horizontal stand that works well. There’s a hole in the back where you can organize the cables so you can keep things clutter-free.
The surface of the stand features some pretty good rubber coating. I’ve tested several laptops and it managed to hold them all in place. The stand feels durable and it was very stable through and through.
This is not the most feature-packed or most portable stand out there. However, it’s a very solid stand that boasts superior quality.
7. Steklo X-Stand
- Laptop Stand You Looking for. Works with all laptops from 12-17 inches. Its Foldable Stand that keeps your Laptop Cool...
- MacBook Pro Stand that Keep your laptop from sliding off and Easy to assemble. Ergonomic Laptop Stand can be Fold into...
- Keeps Your Laptop Cool and Ventilated. Portable Laptop Stand increases Air flow to help keep your Notebook cooler and...
The Steklo X-Stand is yet another inexpensive option for the budget conscious.
The main function of the stand is to lift the laptop a couple of inches above the desk. Of course, this makes sure that the screen is at eye level. Plus, the elevated height keeps the laptop cool due to better air circulation.
This stand may not look like much but it’s made from aluminum and it’s surprisingly durable. While holding the laptop, it just feels stable and secure. The stand is fairly portable which makes it a good option for travelers and students. It folds to a very small size and it only weighs about 5 ounces.
The stand can accommodate 12 to 17-inch laptops. However, there are some issues with the quality of the materials as they might not hold up over time. The height adjustment is not that extensive as well, so it might be tricky to find the right viewing angle.
Found Your Stand Yet?
This ends our buyer’s guide for the best laptop stand.
If you are growing more uncomfortable when using a laptop, we highly recommend that you get a laptop stand. This simple accessory might not look much but it can significantly improve your experience while working. Just make sure that you get the right stand that fits your needs.
With this guide, we tried to cover products that cover many different budget ranges. We sure hope that you find this article useful.
Have you tried using a laptop stand before? Do you have a favorite product that you can recommend? Please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section.
Last update on 2021-09-24 at 19:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API