If you seek a way to keep mosquitoes away and enjoy a good time outside in the warm weather, the best electric mosquito traps are the solution. Mosquito traps are more effective than insect repellents and candles in keeping you safe from the itchy bites of these insects.
Mosquito traps come in various capacities, which makes it a bit of a challenge in choosing one that meets your needs. However, things to consider include where you want to place it (indoor or outdoor), the size of the mosquito problem, and the method of execution. Here is a review of 10 best electric mosquito traps that work. The selection is based on quality, Amazon rankings, and consumer reports.
10. WILDJUE Mosquito Traps
Best for: Energy efficiency
The WILDJUE Mosquito Trap offers the best in energy efficiency, durability and design. Small for convenience, it has a luring light that attracts insects including mosquitoes to its funnel mesh, and prevents them from escaping once trapped. The fan it comes equipped with is strong enough to suck insects into its tray where they will await their death. We recommend it especially for indoor use. The product is available on Amazon, but doesn’t ship internationally, unless with sellers who wish to.
- Energy efficient;
- Has a compact and elegant design;
- No zapping noise as in other products;
- Unclear instructions on how to set it up;
- Some users complain that it doesn’t work;
- Made in China;
9. YIER Solar Powered Outdoor Insect Killer
Best for: Garden use
The YIER Solar Powered Outdoor Insect Killer is solar powered with inbuilt batteries for storing power. It has a UV lamp guarded by an electric fence, which in turn is protected by a plastic cage. The bottom has a tray that collects the dead insects, and at its top, is a small attachment that guarantees convenience in setting up. It is one of the best electric mosquito traps for outdoor use. It can be bought online, and offers free shipping as well.
- Offers easy installation;
- Solar powered for energy efficiency;
- Has simple design, and you can use it for yard decoration;
- Has a small surface area;
- Mostly made out of plastic;
- Some users have issues with its zapping ability;
8. Dt1050 Dynatrap Flying Insect Trap
Best for: Indoor/Outdoor Use
If you seek a portable zapper in the best electric mosquito traps, the Dynatrap Flying Insect Trap is the product to go with. It offers compactness, and can be powered through a wall socket. The design features a durable material construction. The UV light coupled with its electric grill work best in offering a solution to mosquitoes and pesky insects. It is safe, has a large coverage area, and is suitable for indoor or outdoor use. It is available for shipping, and can be purchased online.
- Has a compact design;
- Lightweight and portable;
- Easy to clean;
- Lots of negative reviews;
- Users claim it attracts, but don’t kill mosquitoes;
- Fan blades stop working after a while;
7. Rockbirds Mosquito Killer Lamp
Best for: Use in bedroom / office
This instantaneous operation device offers intelligent operation, is safe for use, and can be operated in two modes: manual and automatic. It promises silent operation as it kills the mosquitos after attracting them with its luring efficiency bulbs. The Rockbirds Mosquito Killer Lamp is chemical-free, and can be used in your bedroom, office, or on your patios. This product is available online, but it doesn’t ship internationally.
- Manual and automatic modes;
- Quiet operation;
- The small design makes people choose other products;
- Users claim it doesn’t kill the insects;
- Needs to be plugged into a power source all the time;
6. Hausbell Nontoxic Mosquito Trap
Best for: Portability / Indoor / Bedroom
If you need to maintain a quiet sleep with no disturbances from mosquitoes, the Hausbell Nontoxic Mosquito Trap is the best electric mosquito traps choice there. It comes with features like an inbuilt auto shut-off and a powerful lamp, which is the best for luring the insects. It has a decent design with a trap that doesn’t allow mosquitoes to escape. The electric grid is safe, as it is impossible to touch. It is recommended for the bedroom and many indoor uses. It is available for ordering, but it doesn’t ship worldwide.
- Has a compact design;
- Comes with a quiet fan for trapping mosquitoes;
- Shuts off by itself during the day;
- The UV lamp is almost hidden;
- Short power cord makes portability uneasy;
- Users claim it doesn’t do much;
5. Stinger Cordless Rechargeable Insect Zapper
Best for: Outdoors use / Camping
This device lives up to its true name by doing exactly what it says. It is cordless, highly portable for use anywhere, and can run for hours without any hitch. The UV light technology it comes with allows easy attraction of insects, which is exactly what you want. The Stinger Rechargeable Zapper is cordless, has a large surface area, and operates quietly, which makes it the best choice for camping and other outdoor uses. Customers can buy it together with the GLOUE Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer. Both are available with free shipping.
- It is portable;
- The cordless design is a convenient touch;
- It is rechargeable;
- The charge runs out fast;
- Mostly works in the dark;
- The design is a bit flimsy;
4. PestZilla Robust UV Electronic Bug Zapper
Best for: Indoors use
The PestZilla Robust UV Electronic Bug Zapper features a powerful build and a massive area coverage. The UV lights attract the insects for proper zapping with the electrified grill around the lamps. Like the YIER Solar Powered Outdoor Insect Killer, it has a tray for collecting the dead insects. However, we recommend it for use indoors. Clients frequently buy PestZilla together with the GLOUE Bug Zapper Electronic Insect Killer. As a downside, it doesn’t ship internationally.
- It has a wide coverage;
- Powerful for instant insect killing;
- Ideal for killing other insects as well;
- Offers easy setup and maintenance;
- Large insects tend to get away;
- Some users claim it works for a few months and dies;
- Others think it is a bit noisy;
3. LiBa Bug Zapper
Best for: Killing versatility
The LiBa Bug Zapper has powerful lamps for attracting all insects including mosquitoes to which after contact, are zapped dead instantly. Although not the best choice for portability, it is safe to use, powerful and delivers on its purpose. It has the best deal and customer support and is the best choice if you seek an effective solution to indoor bugging insects. It is always in stock, but it only ships regionally.
- Ideal for indoor use;
- Has a large coverage;
- Offers quick cleaning;
- Short power cord;
- Not resistant to weather, especially the rain;
2. Aspectek Electronic Bug Zapper
Best for: Large coverage
Offering a wide coverage of up to six thousand square feet, this device has a large coverage, and an insect attraction light for maximum efficacy. The chain hanger it features allows easy set up anywhere in the house. Its electric zapper is powerful enough to kill mosquitoes and all other types of irritating insects. It is odor free, and is the best choice for all indoor uses. Free shipping is available for both new and used items after ordering. The item is always available.
- Highly effective;
- Excellent customer support service;
- Has a wide coverage for efficiency;
- Short cord;
- Works for a few months before dying as cited by some users;
- Bulb life is shorter than the product itself;
1. Flowtron BK-15D Electronic Insect Killer
Best for: Outodoors use
The Flowtron Electronic Insect Killer is highly rated among the best electric mosquito traps available today. As the best-selling zapper, it has a lamp that attracts mosquitoes that the enclosing cage strikes with an electric shock. It is shaped like a traditional lamp, has a simple hanging capability with a small collecting unit at the base. This is the best choice for those who seek an efficient zapper for outdoors. Flowtron is available online for purchase and shipping.
- Has the best design;
- The most effective trap for mosquitoes;
- Hard to clean;
- Some users wish it worked longer than two months;
- Others say it doesn’t kill mosquitoes as advertised;
Waging war against mosquitoes requires the use of the best trap on the market. Even though the options are countless, the above products will get the work done. Pair your indoor mosquito trap with a quality air purifier, to reduce odors, pollutants, and allergens from your interior space. Let us know if there are other best electric mosquito traps that you don’t find it on our list.