Whether you want to cut down on carbs by swapping spaghetti for zoodles (zucchini noodles), or just love the sophisticated look of spiralized vegetables, you will need a good spiralizer to quickly make nicely formed veggetti.
When buying a vegetable spiralizer, you should beware of substandard products. With the recent popularity of these kitchen items, there has been a rise of poorly built, yet highly advertised products which tend to break down easily.
After taking into account everything that the current market has to offer, this review lists 11 of the best vegetable spiralizers money can buy. But before that, here are some important factors that you should consider when shopping for a veg spiralizer.
Choosing the Best Vegetable Spiralizer
1. Type of Spiralizer
Generally, there are two main types of spiralizers – electric and manual spiralizers.
The electric models are similar to food processors – you simply place your vegetables on top, and the machine does all the dirty work for you. For manual models, you need to manually turn a crank to create veg noodles.
Electric spiralizers are usually more expensive, but promise to be faster and require less effort to use. Manual spiralizers, on the other hand, offer a wider range of noodle shapes and sizes but you’ll have to apply some energy.
2. Ease of Cleaning
One of the shortcomings of using spiralizers is the fact that they are very hard to clean.
For that reason, go for a veg spiralizer that easily disassemble and allow you to clean the spiral blades. Otherwise, you might end up with a rusty, inefficient spiralizer.
3. Overall Construction
Before buying any gadget, it’s always a good idea to check its overall construction. Cheap devices tend to look dull and fall apart easily under heavy use.
A good veg spiralizer is strong and capable of lasting a few years.
While most of the simple veg spiralizers will come in minimalistic designs, there are some models that have reliable sizes. To save space on your kitchen countertop, you can go for handheld spiralizers or small, yet efficient, models.
Which is the Best Vegetable Spiralizers to Buy?
There are tons of spiralizers on the market with different features and sizes. Like any other kitchen purchase, you will want something that is functional, durable, and looks good on your kitchen counter. Here are some great suggestions to consider:
- Quality above all - stronger than ever - Spiralizer is the brand people have come to trust and rely on. Our new 3rd...
- Never get bored on a keto/low carb, Paleo, raw, vegan, or gluten-free diet again - start making healthy Gourmet meals as...
- Raving fans! - our product has been seen on bethenny, Ellen, the doctors, the food Network, National newspapers and...
This is a manual counter-top spiralizer with 5 different cutting blades. These blades allow you to create different noodle shapes and sizes.
The spiralizer also has an impressive build quality that can take on even the toughest of vegetables and last several years of regular use.
For all these features, the Spiralizer 5-Blade is reasonably priced at $25. This high-end spiralizer also comes with three e-books full of recipes you can make with the device.
- Create fun & healthy meals with fresh vegetables and fruit
- 3 cutting cones
- Create spirals and ribbons quickly and easily: spaghetti, Linguine, and ribbons
With three spiraling options, this electric spiralizer makes creating couregetti easier and faster than ever before.
Manual spiralizers usually struggle with harder vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes, but not this model. The Hamilton Beach spiralizer can easily spiralize these vegetables with very little effort.
This is a good option for people with poor grips or those who wouldn’t want to go through the trouble of using manual spiralizers.
- Spiralizing Blades - Medium and Fine; Slicing Blades - Slicing (Large Core) and Slicing (Small Core); Peeling Blade
- On your stand mixer and uses the power of the motor to operate the spiralizer attachment
- Premium metal construction provides durable long lasting performance, and when attached to the stand mixer, provides...
If you are planning on spiralizing large quantities of every vegetable in sight, this spiralizing attachment on the KitchenAid stand mixer is up for the task. It comes with three cutting blades and three ribbon/slicing blades. There’s also a peeling blade that allows you to peel and cut at the same time.
Since it’s powered by the mixer unit, you do not need to use a lot of effort to spiralize your veggies. Even better, the small core of a vegetable or fruit is left uncut, therefore, you don’t have cut it before placing it on the spiralizer.
The cutting blades can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand. For a slightly lower price tag, you can get yourself a smaller unit with only two spiralizers, two ribbon blades, and a peeler.
- Easily and quickly slice and spiralize large quantities of fruits & vegetables instead of using a knife.
- Includes: 1 x Vegetable spiralizer / slicer plus 4 blades: 1 x Straight blade (1/8") for ribbons and accordion cuts, 3 x...
- Smart design. Spiralizer takes up minimal space while stored due to folding design and a separate holder which houses...
If you do a lot of vegetable shredding in your kitchen, you’ll love this hand-crank model. It may be difficult to clean and occupy a significant amount of space on the countertop, but it works faster than most handheld spiralizers.
It comes with 4 suction cups at the bottom that secure the unit and includes 4 interchangeable cutting blades. This 4-Blade spiralizer is very easy to assemble, you don’t need any technical know-how.
When spiralizing the vegetables, this model has a tray that catches all the vegetable shreds. However, the process is not very neat – you’ll have to do some cleaning afterward. The spiralizer is not dishwasher safe.
Nonetheless, the cutting efficiency and sturdy build of this unit make shredding fast and easy. If you don’t mind the cleaning after the mess made by the device, it is advisable to spring for this 4-Blade spiralizer.
- 【3 in 1 Spiralizer】 Creat veggie noodles in the shape of fettuccine, spaghetti and ribbons in minutes with this...
- 【Super easy to use】 Simply switch the blade with the 3 push buttons to get the desired model. Food holder/cap...
- 【Compact but Heavy-Duty】Open design accommodates both long and round vegetables. Perfect for making quick low carb...
The Adoric is the perfect spiralizer for people who don’t like large models, but prefer smaller handheld models with minimalistic designs.
It comes with a hand crank design that allows you to shred your veggies quickly with little effort. It has three different blade attachments that make different shapes of veggetti.
- WHY IS THIS THE BEST SPIRALIZER ON THE MARKET? - NEWEST, PATENTED DESIGN! Gravity does half the work so no awkward...
- UNMATCHED QUALITY - Made from BPA-free professional grade, heavy duty reinforced food grade ABS for superior break...
- EXTREME VERSATILITY SALAD UTENSILS: Why waste time with a knife or a box grater? With this spiralizer, you can get foods...
The Mueller Spiral-Ultra’s gravity feed system allows you to grind tough vegetables like sweet potatoes and squashes. The unit has four different blades that offer you some versatility when it comes to noodle sizes, and a small container that holds all the shreds without making a mess.
Furthermore, this spiralizer can be used to make juice from fruits and vegetables. With all its features, this is a pretty compact machine that doesn’t occupy a lot of space.
The Mueller Spiral-Ultra spiralizer is an indispensable companion you would want in your kitchen.
- Make quick work of creating uniform spirals from fruits and vegetables for curly fries, salads, garnishes and more
- Three stainless steel blades create spaghetti cut (1/8th inch), fettuccine cut (1/4th inch), or ribbon cut noodles
- Removable blade box keeps blades clean, safe and organized when not in use and stores onboard
If you are on a budget, this OXO veg spiralizer is a great choice. It has cutting cones for small, large, and wide ribbon shreds. The blades leave a small core of the vegetable or fruit uncut, which is great if you wish to discard the core.
The blades come in different beautiful colors and have a separate storage case attached to the spiralizer’s side. For stability when cutting, this OXO Spiralizer has a suction cup at the bottom that firmly attaches on smooth countertops.
Even better, this device is dishwasher safe, but can also be cleaned by hand using a small brush. Certainly, this is the best vegetable spiralizer for budget-conscious buyers.
- Best ranked, newest 2018 design with 10 different blades: This premium vegetable Spiralizer has 10 different blades,...
- Healthy and delicious dishes: the vegetable noodle maker will help you make delicious and healthy dishes, sneak more...
- Superior quality: The ZLEW 10-blade vegetable Spiralizer is crafted to perfection with the finest quality materials and...
If you don’t want to sacrifice a lot of your kitchen counter space, then the ZLEW is your best bet. Unlike most handheld spiralizers, this model is easy to clean and can handle larger and tougher vegetables.
It also comes with ten cutting types, which is quite impressive for its size. The blades are easily changeable to save time when shredding different types of vegetables. It also makes cleaning easy.
One of the features that stand-out in this spiralizer is the reverse taper on the top. This feature allows you to get the veggies closer to the blades without risking hurting your fingers. It also reduces waste.
The ZLEW is a high-quality and versatile handheld veggie spiralizer. And the fact that it is affordable, makes it a must-have.
- "Rated Overall BEST Zucchini Noodle Maker by BGR!"-- May 2019 Great GIFT for any food enthusiast or health conscious...
- EASY-TO-USE award winning design with Heat Treated Stainless Steel handles giving it the most durable Spiralizer Spiral...
- PERFECT FOR carrots, zucchini, cucumber, turnips, sweet potatoes and more! Spiralize endless julienne strips of...
Yet another great option for budget-conscious buyers. This handheld spiralizer is not only affordable, but also comes with impressive features for the best-shaped veggie noodles.
Unlike other spiralizers, this model is compact and occupies little space on your kitchen counter. The unit also comes with a cleaner, peeler, storage pouch, and an e-book full of awesome recipes.
Additionally, this model is both dishwasher-safe and can be easily washed by hand.
- The Veggetti pro vegetable Spiralizer is a fast, easy way to turn veggies into delicious healthy spaghetti
- Spiral slicer comes with 3 interchangeable stainless steel blades - thin, thick & ribbon
- Gluten free, delicious pasta without the carbs
This unit comes fully assembled and has four different blades. This countertop model perfectly lines up the vegetable to the blade to produced evenly shredded veggies.
Sadly, the Veggie Pro does not firmly adhere on the countertop – it tends to move with every turn of the handle. This will inevitably lead to a mess in the kitchen.
It may not be the easiest device to use, however, it does its work perfectly – no doubt about that!
- BEST RATED, LATEST 2019 DESIGN with SUPERIOR VALUE: Don't waste your hard earned money on other old & weak designs. Our...
- STRONGEST YET & QUALITY ABOVE ALL: No expense was spared in making this the best quality spiralizer | 7 LABELED BLADES:...
- GET THE MOST FOR YOUR MONEY: 7 blades to make a wide variety of cuts e.g. 2mm angel-hair noodle, 3mm spaghetti, 5mm...
If you are willing to have less cutting options at the expense of saving money, then this is a great choice.
This spiralizer has five cutting cones and boasts of a very impressive build-quality at a surprisingly low price. As long as you apply enough pressure with your hand, this spiralizer produces very fine shreds.
Cleaning is also straightforward and easy with this manual spiralizer.
Pick the Best Vegetable Spiralizer for Your Kitchen
Different users have different preferences. Therefore, whether it is style, color, functionality, or durability, be sure to select a spiralizer that suits your immediate needs in the kitchen.
The 11 picks above will help you find the best vegetable spiralizer so that you can experience the joy of creating zoodles (zucchini noodles). After all, if you are going to spend a lot of time in your kitchen, you might as well have some fun shredding veggies!